SERVICE DOG IDENTIFICATION CARD
· Although not a requirement, a Service Dog ID badge gives your service dog instant credibility by clearly stating that your dog is a service dog.
· The identification card are the size and thickness of a standard credit card and are very durable
· Our ID cards are NOT laminated pieces of paper, they are thick PVC Plastic (like your credit card)
· Service Dog ID cards and Service Dog handler ID cards have The United States Federal Laws on the back, including the United States Department of Justice’s phone number.
· The ID card will include your name, your dog’s name and all pertinent information needed for identification
· After you checkout you will receive an order confirmation email, simply reply to that email with the photo(s)
· If you prefer you can mail us the photo, instructions will be in your order confirmation email.
· A head shot is preferable, we will crop if needed
ID CARD HEADING OPTIONS
· SERVICE DOG
· GUIDE DOG
· HEARING DOG
· SEIZURE ALERT DOG
· MEDICAL ALERT DOG
· MOBILITY DOG
· ASSISTANCE DOG
· PTSD SERVICE DOG
· DIABETIC ALERT DOG
· AUTISM SERVICE DOG
Why do you need a service dog ID card? You don’t, according to the ADA you are not required to carry any identification to prove your dog is a service dog. That’s the law, but if you want to travel without hassles, or embarrassment we do suggest that you outfit your dog in a service dog vest and carry a service dog ID card rather than argue the point or attempt to educate the person denying you entry. Your dog’s appearance, manners and attire such as a vest and identification will help you avoid public doubt and conflict.
Our custom made to order PVC plastic ID cards will have your dog’s name and photo, your name and full address. Our ID cards are durable and are made of the same material as your credit card. Our service dog ID cards will be printed on both sides and will have the US Federal Laws printed on the reverse side. Personalized ID cards make it easy to identify your dog as a working service dog.
You can carry the ID card in your wallet or in the window id pocket of the service dog vest. We do suggest two cards so you can hand one to someone when asked for identification.
TRAVELING WITH YOUR SERVICE DOG
· The Department of Transportation lists service dog identification cards at the top of their list and only verbal assurance is at the bottom.
· Service Dog ID badges can dramatically speed up your process of getting through airport security, entering stores etc. without arguments or confrontations.
The Department of Transportation, also known as D.O.T., Service Animal Guidance for airlines states the following:
· Carriers shall accept as evidence that an animal is a service animal. Identifiers are classified as identification cards, other written documentation, and presence of harnesses, ID tags or the credible verbal assurances of a qualified individual with a disability using the animal.
It is fraudulent to represent your dog as a service animal if it is not.